Sunday, June 10, 2012

It's a Rainbow Down Here!

Well, once again, it has been a while since I last blogged!  Which goes to show how extremely boring my life has become.  I'm ok with that...I love my boring life, because as I am living it, it really doesn't seem that boring.  How could it be with the eccentric kids that I have created!  They really keep me on my toes. 

The rainbow that I speak of in the title is our basement walls.  Oh yes, the painting process has begun and is actually almost finished.  The walls have gone from bland white to almost every hue or shade of color there is!  That is what happens when you are painting kids rooms, and you let a very creative little young lady help with choosing the colors.  I was glad to let Ashlyn help with this process because I am just as nervous as she is about her and Truitt moving to the basement once this little project is complete.  So anything that can help her feel more at home down there is welcomed! 

So, I suppose you want me to be quiet and let you see the colors!  Here they are...

Ashlyn's room.  Don't mind the freezer, we don't have any other place we can put it at this time :)


Truitt's room.  We went pretty bold in here, so feel free to give your honest opinion on it!  I have to say this is going to be one of our favorite rooms down there.  We chose to paint an orange accent wall, then continued it around the door opening and on the wall that shares space with the living room closet, under that piece of ceiling over the door.



The bathroom.  This picture is a little dark, so it looks just like plain old brown.  It is actually called "cork tile" and it really looks like copper, or a dull penny color.  I think this is going to look amazing once the tile is in on the floor and in the shower!  I am really excited for this, and to pick out accessories for it.  I took this picture so that you all can see the shelves that Adam and Darin framed in here.  Those beasts made a lot of work for Adam when he was taping and mudding!



Lastly, the living room.  The true test of these colors that we picked will be when the space is furnished and the fireplace stonework is complete.  I can't wait!!  We chose a yellow accent wall, which at the last minute decided to continue this color on the small section that covers the duct work near the ceiling.  The rest of the wall space is a grey tone.  Adam fears that it looks purple, however I think that the reason for this is because we don't have doors yet, and Ashlyn's pink and purple room reflects out to the rest of the place!  I still think I am going to love this color choice.  I plan to make pillows for our couch that have shades of yellow, grey, black and white.  I thought this would tie the room together nicely.  Also, for those of you who have been to our home, we plan to move the couches that we have upstairs to the basement, and the couches that used to be stored in the basement will be moved to the upstairs living room.  Both will match their new spaces better!  The bottom picture is of the fireplace area.  Eventually there will be wooden shelving and cabinetry around the fireplace and the flat screen TV mounted above the fireplace.  Not to mention, the actual stone around the fireplace.  Can't wait!!  



So, now that you have seen the place...what do you think??  We are pretty darn excited to have paint of the walls.  It is starting to feel like a place we can eventually hang out in.  Really looking forward to making memories down here.

Thanks for checking the place out!

Jaime


No comments:

Post a Comment